Who we are
Upstage Lung Cancer is a volunteer-run nonprofit founded in 2007. Some of us are lung cancer survivors; some are the friends and the family of the many whose lives have been affected by lung cancer; some are dedicated physicians who care for our patients diagnosed with lung cancer; and some are members of the Arts community who are committed to fighting lung cancer. Our aim is to use musical and theatrical entertainment to raise funds to accomplish our mission.
To advocate for early detection in lung cancer – our vision is to help increase detection and diagnosis rates by 50% by 2025.
- To promote awareness, advance understanding, and remove the social stigma of lung cancer.
- To raise funds for research and innovation in early detection and diagnosis of lung cancer.
- The first cancer charity to exclusively use music and the performing arts to accomplish our mission.
- Integrity: Committed to honesty, fairness and transparency
- Responsibility: Accountable to say what we’ll do and do what we say
- Teamwork: Celebrate working together in a positive, collaborative, and constructive way
- Caring: Maintain passion in all our efforts and events
Our Organization at a Glance
Board of Directors
Medical Advisory Board
Francine L. Jacobson, MD, MPH
Thoracic Radiologist, Brigham & Womens Hospital
Deborah Morosini, MD
Pathologist and Patient Advocate
Jacob Sands, MD
Oncologist, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Jennifer Temel, MD
Thoracic Oncologist, Mass General Hospital
Lecia V. Sequest, MD
Thoracic Oncologist and Researcher, Mass General Hospital